- Posted jbales
- On December 21, 2017
- 0 Comments
After updating to the latest Microsoft creators update of 1709 that was released in October 2017, you may experience issues with Microsoft Outlook and clicking the SEND TO EMAIL button in other programs.
For example, if you open up a PDF document in Adobe Reader, and hit the envelope to send the document via Email, it will pop up an error. Here is how you fix this:
- Close Outlook completely.
- Right click the start menu and click on File Explorer.
- on THIS PC on the left, and then click the C drive.
- In the upper right search box, type MSMAPI. If Microsoft Office is installed, it should find a location similar to this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\system\MSMAPI\1033\. Yours MAY be a little different depending on the version but it will be similar.
- Delete the msmapi32.dll file. If it will not allow you to delete, than that means Outlook is held open something. If you cannot figure out what has Outlook open, feel free to restart and then come back to this step. (Skype for
- Once this file is deleted, right click the start menu once again and click on WINDOWS POWERSHELL ADMIN.
- Once the blue window pops up, type in CMD and then press enter
- Now type in fixmapi.exe
- It will appear as if nothing happened, but once this is done you can close the Powershell window, reopen Outlook, and THEN try your email button from another program and this will work.
Hopefully Microsoft releases a patch to fix this issue soon, but this isn’t a horrible fix to have to do and only takes a couple of minutes. Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns.